- The THM Plan. Trim Healthy Mama. I loved the book and I totally agree with the "diet plan". I don't think that I will ever again embark on another diet again. Diet= the way eating. This is the way we eat from now on. http://www.trimhealthymama.com/
- The "Shrinker"! Home made Chai Tea Oolong Minty Chocolatey Spicy iced beverage! Which burns calories, hydrates and is going to be my best friend during hot summer days.
- Salmon. I can't get enough.
- Miracle Noodles. Just amazing. (Korean yam noodles)
- Love Your Husband, Love Yourself. A book that I cannot put down. A lot of wisdom, a lot of freedom in this book. I am so happy I bought it. http://www.amazon.ca/Love-Your-Husband-Yourself-Embracing/dp/0982626908
- Above Rubies. A ministry that is dear to my heart. I just went to one of their retreats here in BC, Canada, and by going -it was one of the best things I've done for myself, ever. I gained so much! http://aboverubies.org/
- GABA. In those times of chaotic home making, he he! http://overcomingyouranxiety.net/naturalanxietyremedies/gaba-for-anxiety/
- Collagen! Just started drinking it... http://www.amazon.com/Custom-Collagens-Hydrolyzed-Collagen-Unflavored/dp/B00LGUIOOW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1429836617&sr=8-2&keywords=custom+collagen
- White Collar. A clean and entertaining series on Netflix. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1358522/
- 500 piece puzzles, for my own downtime.
I am finally licensed as a Placenta Encapsulation Specialist. Yay! My lovely husband worked extra hard on creating my website, and now it's up and running! Have a look!
The first time I heard of "placenta encapsulation", I thought to myself "how weird!! Women do that?? -Gross!!" But then, about a year after my initial judgement, I began to do some research on it as I was expecting our number 4. What exactly was 'placenta encapsulation'?
One benefit of placentaphagy that intrigued me, was the effect on breast milk supply. Nursing was a tender subject and dear to my heart since I felt I had failed in with my babies #2 and #3. Would my placenta help me produce more milk, so that I could exclusively breastfeed? This was the number one reason I went ahead and decided to encapsulate my next placenta, but little did I know that it had so much more to offer me!
As a mother of 4, including a newborn, I was tired. The supplementation was incredible, this MIRACLE placenta, made by ME, was perfect for ME. I must admit, at first I was hesitant about taking the capsules. But after I gobbled them down and experiencing a rapid relief and increased milk supply, I never looked back! I can only compare my experiences to my previous times postpartum , and thankfully I have 3 prior ones! I had just had a baby, and three other kids under 8 (that I also homeschool) to look after and, I felt great! I was healing from my birth, and looking forward to the future instead of sitting around, moody and exhausted. My milk came in gushing. This too is odd for me, since it usually takes about a week or two to get going.
When baby was about 4 months old, we had another major change in our lives. We moved house. We moved house under a very stressful scenario, that affected me incredibly hard. I was broken, stressed out, sleep deprived and falling into depression. My milk took a dip and I was feeling overwhelmed with everything that was going on around me. Fortunately I had some capsules left over for a "rainy day", and surely this now felt like a "rainy week"! I noticed a instant stability in my mood, my approach to my "problems", I felt more at peace and once again, my milk came gushing in like it had right after birth! The placenta, made by me, covered for me with what I couldn't naturally produce with the stress I was under. It surely is a miracle placenta with incredible healing powers.
Because of my experience, I feel that every expecting mother and every woman should know the benefits of placenta encapsulation and that no, it is NOT gross, -it is AMAZING!
Encapsulate your MIRACLE placenta!
P.S Here is an interesting blog post on Is Eating Placenta Cannibalism? And, what about God?