I want to share with you a few ideas which we've applied into our growing vegetables and herbs this year.
- Egg shells. We collect, crush and sprinkle them on the soil beds and garden for "slow release fertilizer" (brings flavour and sweetness to your berries, especially!) and to keep away slugs. Apparently, they repel slugs!
- Basil and Tomatoes are buddies! Planting them side by side enhance the flavours of your toms, yum yum!
- Plant Tarragon and Marigolds freely around your vegetables. Smart and pretty pest control.
- Strawberries like "sandy" soil. This I have witnessed with my own eyes. They went from floppy-droopy to "OH HELLO!" in 10minutes after transplanting them.
- Create a ring around your garden with lime (alkaline) to keep slugs and snails away, completely.
- Make a wasp trap out of water, sugar and rice wine vinegar. For how to, click (HERE)