30/06/2013

Diastasis Recti

DIASTASIS RECTI 

It means abdominal separation. In pregnancy, diastasis recti is caused by the stretching of the rectus abdominis by the enlarging womb. It’s more common in women who have had more pregnancies, due to repeated episodes of stretching. Basically the left and right sides of your abs (rectus abdominis) aren't joined together anymore.

This is what it looks like,


Like I would be 5 months pregnant, always. (11months since our 3rd child was born and do note, she was 11lb when she came out!)

Is it "curable"?

There are a few different methods to deal with it, two which I know of and recommend if need be, are one, surgery and two, STOTT Pilates. Surgery maybe for those who have it "severe", and STOTT Pilates for everybody! 

I pulled my back for the 2nd time since our 3rd baby was born yesterday and today someone asked me if we were expecting our 4th. Oh man, it's time to tackle my core and get some support, literally.

As a STOTT Pilates instructor, I'm going to go the STOTT Pilates route and, I will be blogging updates with pictures!!  Stay tuned!

Find out more about the STOTT Pilates method HERE

and find out more about my weightloss #3 HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment