12/07/2013

Weight Loss #3 Part 7


Okay, before I tell you about how much I've lost so far, I want to share with you my two top lunches that I love, and about my new -old -thing, which I have taken more seriously than ever! Keep reading...

Here are my top two favorite lunches. 

Recipe one

Serving(s) 1
Weight Watchers points 7

1/2 C quinoa, cooked and chilled
1/2 cucumber, deseeded and cut in chunks
1 tomato, deseeded and diced
1 T fat free Ranch dressing
100g extra lean ground beef, fried and seasoned.

Mix -ENJOY!

Recipe two

Serving(s) 1
Weight Watchers points 9

1 whole wheat tortilla
1 slice of cheddar cheese (wrap)
100g extra lean ground beef, fried and seasoned (preferably with taco spice)
handful of shredded lettuce
1t death sauce, or any other spicy hot sauce (speed up that metabolism!!!)
1T salsa, hot

And now, the updates.

Last week I pulled my back for the second time in a few months. This is not good. Obviously, I have been so focused on weight loss and exersice that I have lost focus on well-being within, meaning the core. Well-being for me, is STOTT Pilates. I, as an instructor, should know that it's the best way to heal the body, especially the core. Not only does the body get stronger and leaner, it actually sculpts the body as well. No other exercise has been as fast as STOTT in losing inches around the waist. It's incredible. I suffered years of back ache, neck ache and so on, had to quit my job as a hairdresser 2005 because of it. Ever since I started doing STOTT Pilates in 2009, the pain and aches went away.  Hence the reason I became an instructor.

Back to the story, so yes, I pulled my back for the second time! This is because since giving birth to our 3rd, I haven't done any STOTT whatsoever. Why? I don't know how to answer that, I don't know why. I guess the people or places you associate with weekly rub off, a certain way of thinking, especially when it comes to health and fitness. No, I'm not putting the blame on them, I am keeping the blame on myself, myself only. I had attended group ex body pump and so on without strengthening the core at the same time. This is a big mistake. I won't even blame the group ex pump for my bad back. The pump did amazing stuff for the rest of my body, but focusing on the superficial muscles, made my problems worsen. Since I pulled my back, after my back felt a bit better, I've been on the mat again and after one session of STOTT Pilates, the difference is amazing. I feel way better and feel like I'm on the road to recovery and well-being. I won't quit lifting weights, however, it's not my priority. It's high up there on my priority list, but STOTT Pilates is for sure #1 at this moment.

Then for some picture updates... tam-tam-taa! 

was 205 lbs

I found that top which I am wearing in the top picture, to show you the difference in how it fits me today. On top, it's tight. Below, not so much!

Yes, I'm being silly.







Now I am  185 lbs!!! Yay!
This means, I have lost -20 lbs!

I have give or take 40 lbs to go!!!





Here is my Diastasis Recti -Seperation of the abs. I am doing STOTT Pilates to help my body to bring it closer together and give my lower spine the support it deserves! I'll keep posting updates on that side of things as well.

Read more on my weight loss #3 here, where it all began

Read more on STOTT Pilates here, where you should begin

Read about my Diastasis Recti here

No comments:

Post a Comment