27/06/2014

Mango "Pudding" -Kiisseli


When I was little, my gramma used to make us Kiisseli. It's like a berry/fruit soup. I loved it. We had it hot, we had it cold, we had it in our porridge or just as it was. It was yummy!

I had a bag of frozen mango in our freezer and I decided to make Kiisseli for homesickness sakes. It turned out well, and the kids scoffed it down, and now I'm experimenting with berries and thickness.

Ingredients:

  • fruit 400g
  • water 4-6C
  • brown sugar 1/2C
  • vanilla (optional) I used coconut
  • potato starch and 1C cold water



Bring mangoes, sugar and water to boil, and then simmer for about 20minutes. You can use a hand blender to smooth out the consistency or a potato masher to leave texture. I went with texture. After it has simmered long enough, remove from heat, in a separate cup, mix potato starch in cold water (read package for instructions, and depending on how thick you want it) and slowly pour it into the soup mixing it at the same time. Place back onto heat and boil for a few minutes for it to thicken up.


Let it cool down slightly before you serve it. It is piping hot! We like to chill ours, so I put it in the fridge to thicken up.


Healthy, yummy Mango Kiisseli!


More Recipes HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment