A recipe that the Duggars learned from Gil and Kelly Bates, parents of 18--soon to be 19--children (as of December 2011).
- Using an electric knife, if available, cut an entire roll of paper towels lengthwise into two separate rolls. Each will be about the size of a toilet paper roll. The Duggars have tried other brands but have found Bounty to work best.
- Combine 2 cups of water, 1 tablespoon of rubbing alcohol, and 2 tablespoons of baby oil in a mixing bowl. For extra softness and a sweet scent, add a tablespoon of infant bubble bath.
- Place one half-roll of paper towel vertically in a clean, 1-gallon container, such as an ice cream bucket.
- Drizzle the liquid mixture over the paper towel roll.
- Cut an X-shaped slit into the lid of the container, and place it securely on top of the bucket.
- After 30 minutes, open the lid and remove the cardboard tube
- To prevent the wipes from drying out, keep the lid on at all times.
- Feed the first wipe, from the inside of the roll, through the X-shaped slit for easy access.
Recipe Rephrased and Reformatted. Original Recipe Source: "The Duggars: 20 and Counting!" by Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar (Howard Books).