25/04/2012

Semi-Healthy Oat and Seed Treats I

I got this idea from the original Rice Crispie Treats recipe. I'm just experimenting with different methods and ingredients. I don't think that this will be 'it' since it is not completely healthy. I am aiming for recipes that are only good for you.

Ingredients

(Click on the highlighted ingredients to find out more about why they are good for you)

1/2 C raisins
3/4 C oats
1/4 C chia seeds
"     C sesame seeds
"     C golden flax seeds grounded
4    T  butter/coconut oil (coconut oil is waaaaay better for you!)
4    T  sugar free peanut butter
approx. 200g mini marshmellows
1    t    hemp protein
"     t    mesquite pod meal
1/2 t    cinnamon
1    t    cacao nibs

makes about 20 pieces each being approx. 125 calories.

On medium heat, melt butter/oil, peanut butter and marshmellows. In a seperate bowl mix in the raisins and dry ingredients. Turn off the heat and mix in the dry ingredients and spread onto a greased dish or onto a cookie tray with parchment paper. Score into 20 equal size pieces (if you are calorie counting) and let cool in the fridge.

They were yummy! My son said he would like me to make these for his birthday party. My kids couldn't get enough of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment